- I601A expansion though not yet implemented is expected to begin in 2016...this will extend the provisional waiver to parents and spouses of Legal Permanent Residents and has the potential to benefit many.
- DHS issued clarification on the definition of extreme hardship which will assist many.
- Advance Parole has opened up a path to legalization for many with DACA.
- Rumors persist about legalizing based on having a sick or disabled child...this doesn't exist.
- The injunction on the implementation of DAPA...millions of people's dreams & lives are on hold because some say the President acted outside of his authority despite the fact that every President since Eisenhower has used executive action to grant temporary protection to undocumented populations.
- The continued due process violations of families lawfully seeking protection under US law at our borders which has led to deportation of thousands of men, women and children with valid asylum claims.
- The continued incarceration of refugees but especially children in Dilley Texas & Pennsylvania.
- The planned ICE raids to pick up and deport central American refugees with final deportation orders...when the vast majority of final orders of deportation are in absentia orders because of lack of notification, language barriers and a complete denial of access to lawyers who could have explained the rights and obligations to these refugees.
- The decision not to implement body cameras for CBP officers is a lost opportunity for CBP to be transparent and held accountable for the numerous complaints of abuse.
- The replacement of Secure Communities with the Priority Enforcement Program which is basically the same program with a different name & minor changes that don't address the huge due process concerns.