1. Those to were apprehended after 5/1/2014 along the southern border,
2. They have been issued a final order of removal,
3. And have exhausted all legal remedies.
What you should do to prepare BEFORE an ICE raid:
1. Consult with an immigration attorney to assess your options.
2. Do not carry false documents with you at any time.
3. Make an emergency plan. If you are detained who will take care of your children? Consult with a family law attorney to prepare the necessary paperwork so the person of your choice can take care of your children and take them to the doctor and enroll them in school.
4. Always carry the phone number of a relative who will be your contact person.
5. Inform your friends, family & neighbors to do all of the above.
If ICE is at your door:
1. Do not open the door.
2. Ask to see a signed arrest warrant, if there is no signed warrant with your name on it, don't open your door.
3. Tell them you are exercising your right to remain silent and you will not open the door.
4. Call your family, friends and neighbors and warn them that ICE is at your home & put your emergency plan into action.
If you are detained by Immigration you should:
1. Advise the agent that you want to talk to a lawyer and will remain silent
2. Do not sign any documents
3. Call your family & tell them where you are and provide them with your A #.
4. Have your family consult with an immigration attorney to assess your options.